With my acceptance into Ferris State I may have an opportunity here to once again be come a gym rat. I don’t go to the local gym here in Reed City simply because it does not meet my needs. It is much to machine focused and not a lot of free weights which are for my bread and butter. I will also freely admit the fact the only gym I have used has been this one has colored my perspective of gyms in general and I really want questions answered and I am hoping to see if the gyms in Big Rapids actually can do more for me with their facilities to the point it justifies the price of a gym membership. I really didn’t get that with the local gym here in town.
- I want to have a training partner that is an encouragement but true and down to earth. I really don’t care what sex, color or creed, just that they encourage me and I can encourage them. I want a gym to be able to help me find this person.
- I want a variety of classes available (yoga, cardio forms, etc.) to keep variety alive.
- This needs to be affordable for me each month so price is a factor.
- I don’t want any rules about what kinds of exercises I can do or about lifting and working out with other people. If your personal trainers are any good they don’t need rules to get them clients they should be able to do it without them.
- There needs to be a good message board system.
- Real locker rooms. I am going to be putting some pretty expensive stuff in them so security is an issue plus I am going to need a shower at times if I am lifting between classes.
- They do more for their members than just giving them a place to workout. If I walk into an empty gym will they spot for me? That kind of stuff.
- Atmosphere – I fully acknowledge that I might have to get something with ear buds o workout without offending people with how loud I like it when it comes to music but people are still going to hear it and they need to be easy-going about it.
- Convenience – is the gym conveniently located for my life involving school.
The Body Rundown:
Flexibility – Stretching is pretty basic.
Strength – Nothing
Cardio – I am still looking for a dance class that does casual and ballroom dancing. If I find something I will definitely look into it.
Nutrition – I am hoping a more on the run life style does not mean fast food and stupidity. I need to have a plan here.
Blessings and Cheers!!!