I was going to just finish up this week normally but I think the more I look at things I need to establish what me daily routine is going to be. Unlike New Years resolutions that people normally do I am not so much doing anything different so much as trying to make it more organized and automatic. The purpose of the daily grind is as always preparation for the battles that will take place this year. Unlike Hercules against the Hydra I am not blessed with godlike strength and so I prefer to shape myself into something that can handle the objectives I have laid out for myself. The grind is about grinding the rough edges off myself so I can deal with things better and be more of what I need to be.
What needs to be in this is things that need to be done everyday. If it is an event it is not here, if it is something that will be upcoming for a short time but not through the whole year it will not be here. It is the daily grind and so it involves daily activities. So the list is everything involving Body (Nutrition, Strength, Flexibility and Cardio), Writing, Reading, School (Finances area), Professionalism (Leadership and Ministry), Spiritual Disciplines.
- Get up a 4:30am and go to the Gym (Monday-Saturday) – weather permitting as it is blizzard season at times in Michigan.
- Come Home, Shave and Shower.
- Write Blog Articles. (1-2 a day – depends on day of the week. 1 most days. 2 on Saturday and more during vacations.)
- Classes for School.
- Reading – 1/12th of a book each day. More if on vacation.
- Clear E-mail and do all things related to the Church and MOISD as can be done that day.
- Homework for School – goal is to be one week ahead in all classes.
- Spiritual Disciplines – I am going to work into this slowly. I get pretty meditative and prayerful when exercising so what this may simply involve at the end of the day is reflect on the day before I go to bed at 9 pm at least at first.
- In bed by 9 pm.
Everything else simply requires that I keep track of things via journal entries which happen once a week so I should be good there. This is of course subject to change based on my schedule at school which will change and what is going on in other areas of my life that might take priority. This is simple but complete so I like it. All starts on January 4th so I have only the rest of today and tomorrow to just do whatever. That’s not completely true as I have a pretty important sermon tomorrow but for the most part things will begin in a couple of days.
Blessings and Cheers!!!