I have been in between classes and reading for school been reading Harry Potter. I think the first thing I want to do this summer break is write a review on each book and movie. First though I want to finish the books once and then go back and read them one at a time and then watch the movie related to it. I want to compare the book to each movie. At this point I have a few notes being one-third through the fifth book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- There is definitely a feeling of dark foreboding that is growing at this point. The first books kids could read and it would be pretty cool but the themes are getting far more mature as Harry hits his teen years.
- The world is getting far more complex in a good way as I read them.
- Characters at this point are getting far more three-dimensional.
- The thing is these books beg to be made into movies. That is probably why they were, because the visuals the book demand being turned into video. Rowling’s is a fantastic writer with very deep descriptions without a lot of words.
- I really have to discipline myself to keep working when I need to, the books are that good
Just a few thoughts at this point.
Blessings and Cheers!!!