I do have one more meeting for the church but basically I have preached my last Sunday until July 3rd. This being the case. the moment has come to break from the normal routine and get going on other things I have been putting off for a while. I now have the time to concentrate on at least getting them started without worrying about the church. I hope when I come back to the church I can be refreshed and look at it with new eyes.
This is not going to be your normal Rabyd Spirit today as what I want to do is list off some of the stuff that I want to get accomplished.
- To find out what I feel I might be missing or at least get some idea what it might be if anything at all. There is a restlessness to my spirit and I want to find out what the cause is or if I might just be imagining it.
- I don’t want to think about the church too much. It will probably happen but I want to minimize it as much as possible.
- Try to have a better understanding of what I am doing pursuing this Political Science degree and if I should add some sort of minor.
- I want to get my book outline finished and have the first two or three chapters written.
- From a physical standpoint if I keep pursuing being a beast in fitness I should come back to church in five Sundays and be in really good shape. I have a consultation on June 30th about my hernia and I have my diabetes to beat.
- I want to plan out the rest of the year’s hiking schedule and start acquiring equipment for that schedule. I also want to look at next year’s plan to hike the North Country Trail along the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore with my son and perhaps others. This is going to require some planning and practice along with all the other hikes I am going to try to do solo next year.
- Rest – I need a break from it all and I would also like to do some ‘resting’ with my wife on the weekend that we have our anniversary. If I have to explain why the ‘resting’ is in quotes, well you need to spend more time with your significant other than I do.
- Cleaning and Dejunking. I need to get the garage re-cleaned which should not take as much time and then I need to go through ALL my stuff and get rid of that which I do not need anymore. I haven’t done this personally in about three years so I am overdue.
- I want this blog to have its normal run of posts but also add some things so I am in good position to hit 500 posts for the year.
- I have of course a graduation open house to attend with some friends to , my anniversary to celebrate and my son’s wedding to attend as well. Life is nothing but interesting.
So there you have it. If I accomplish even two-thirds of this list this next month I will be happy but I am hoping to get it all. OK, I have fulfilled the definition of sabbatical with rest, research, travel and excreta. I also am breaking from the routine. Now, it is time to do it and it all begins June 1st.
Blessings and Cheers!!!