Today is my wife and I’s anniversary. 27 years of her putting up with me and me being blessed. In a couple of hours we will be on the road to a weekend away from everything – just the two of us. I like this part of the kids being grown up and this is the first time I have had an ‘upside’ to the death of my dog which is I don’t really have to worry about him being taken care of anymore. My wife and I really now can just pick up and take off if we want to and do what we want as long as we have the funds.
From a fitness perspective – this is The Body Rabyd after all – it has been an outstanding week. I have gotten all five of my walks in and all five lifting sessions in and I don’t feel like I am exhausted but just good and fit. My muscles are engaged in finding their muscle memory and this new world of hiking seems to be trimming me down. There are of course some side effects to this that do go into marriage – mostly involving extra sweat and cardio 😉
The Sabbatical Rundown:
- Still looking
- Not too many church thoughts these last couple days. That is the goal.
- Professor, Media commentator, both? Something Else?
- I have the three main parts of the book and a strong idea for the title in my head.
- Solid Week – I actually think I need to increase things but next week I will only have time for two walks and strength workouts so it I am going to do two longer walks and basically Push / Pull days for strength training. Nutrition was good this week and my sugar scores have varied from 149 to 175.
- Hiking planning this next week as I will have a lot of time I think. Even with Edward’s wedding I am only the father of the groom so I don’t have much to do (fine by me) so I might have some time to look into some details for next year. The thing is I will probably be taking summer classes so I will not be able to do this until July or early August.
- Resting well and looking forward to this weekend with my wife. Don’t care what we do as long as we do it together.
- Dejunking begins when the wedding is over but I need to go through the garage, breezeway and then all my stuff in the rest of the house.
- Normal blogging and I don’t suspect any different until after my son’s wedding when things slow down and I can use the last 12 days or so of this sabbatical to get some of this list closer to being finished.
- Anniversary this weekend. Wedding Next Weekend.
I am hoping this little anniversary getaway will be real good. I like it when me and my wife get some time together alone.
Blessings and Cheers!!!