I would normally do a Sermon Redux on Monday but I didn’t preach on Sunday so that is out. So I guess I will write something on something because I have many thoughts on many things and I am having trouble staying focused. So how about a list of randomness based on the day.
- Orlando Shooting. I can almost write what everybody is going to say about this. Just tell me their ideology and political affiliation and I can pretty much script what they are going to say. The one thing that we will see is no government agencies taking responsibility and certainly the president will not blame Islamic viewpoint of gays and lesbians (It is not good, something about all of them should die because it would be an act of compassion) but instead will blame gun owners and guns. Blah, Blah, Blah. Ad Nauseam. After all banning drugs has worked so well in the drug war so banning guns will help. (waves sarcasm flag)
- Guy Rapes Girls who is passed out drunk – gets six months. The real issue is the judge here who was definitely playing favorites. The guys swim career is over now because of public backlash so that reasoning by the judge and dad is now a failure. The thing is that no matter how much you tell guys that rape is a bad thing some will still not believe it and act inappropriately. Sorry ladies there is a lesson about not getting wasted so much you pass out here, especially when you are with a mixed crowd of people you do not know.
- The Up Coming Election: Poster Child year for why we need more political parties to be stronger and thus more candidates to choose from. With only two parties our options seem a tad troubling (waves sarcasm flag about the ‘tad’ part)
- Road Trips: Got one upcoming. Hopefully the road part will be brief and painless and the time spent with family and friends long and enjoyable.
- Blogging while on said road trip: I will do my best. I do have a laptop of course but the truth is there are a few people at this wedding I would rather spend all night and day with than my computer who I haven’t seen in a while so if my streak ends this week, it will be for a damn good reason.
- Trying out more beer and wine: That’s the plan. Hoping for some good beer and wine on this thing to try.
Blessings and Cheers!!!