I must say this weekend has taken a lot out of me as far as ambition and I am going to blame the driving. The older I get the more I would just as soon spend the money to fly. That said the end result was the wedding of the year for Ed , Jr. and Olivia Grace. Now they are Mr. and Mrs. Raby and I felt it was a great wedding and reception. Everyone seemed to have a great time and I have a second daughter who I intend to spoil as much as I can. I have found Olivia to be one of the sweetest people I know. She makes a fine addition to the family.
It was nice to just be a dad at this one without being a pastor. I am supposed to be resting and engaged in other sabbatical activities so it was nice just to be dad. I had a great time and because I was just Ed’s dad I got to relax a bit and do some dancing. Dancing and me never got along because I grew up in a church that frowned very much on dances. Later when I became a pastor, no one ever has asked me to dance except my wife. This time though a young and attractive lady who saw me sitting there pulled me on the floor with the words – ‘your son must have got his moves from somewhere, come on and have some fun’. And I did some dancing (low skill stuff as I must confess I am still a little awkward with this stuff) with a couple of women and my wife and some moderate drinking although there was never a shortage of someone buying me drinks as the father of the groom. I must say that I now have tried out at least five different types of beer and come to the conclusion that you get what you pay for.
The greatest thing though is at least five people from Olivia’s family, who I had never met until this weekend, complimented me on how I raised my son. They applauded his character and his ability to be considerate and a gentleman. I wish I could take all the credit but that belongs in part to his mother and to himself. He is just a good man and he makes me proud as a father.
- I wish I could say that I have made progress on finding out what I think I am missing but no dice.
- Haven’t thought of the church all weekend other than one of my member’s daughter needed some serious prayer so I did do that, but that is just the Christian thing to do.
- No change here over the weekend but I did have a brief conversation about it with someone and I think striving to be a professor of some type might be the way to go.
- Wrote a very tentative outline for my book.
- Getting back in the saddle and on the wagon nutritionally this week.
- Got to look at some backpacks this weekend but I need to wait until I can save the money to head that way.
- It was not a particularly ‘restful’ weekend but it was fun. I am going to get more rest in this week.
- Dejunking begins this week. I need to hit the garage, the breeze way and hopefully this will allow us to work in the house and have places to put things. I am seriously thinking of getting a dumpster again this year.
- Blogging streak came to an end with two whole days of no blogging. That said I now am back to just writing because I enjoy it.
- All events finished – done. Now I have time to work on everything else.
Blessings and Cheers!!!