I knew that I would need some rest time after all the wedding hoopla but also that I needed to get back to the routine I am trying to build so that when my sabbatical was over all I really have to do is plug the ministry and church part back in. That means coming up with a battle plan that leaves my schedule open of that and school when it resumes in the fall. The idea is to do the things necessary to achieve some simplicity and direction in my life that is currently missing so I can start achieving some of my goals.
I started back on May 29th with a ten point list of things I wanted to get done. As I have engaged theses Sabbatical Journal posts I have started to actually tick some of the check boxes off so to speak. If I feel something is done from a sabbatical perspective I am going to simple put the world done beside it and move on. My goal is to start putting that word down as much as possible.
The Sabbatical Rundown:
- I still feel something is missing but for the life of me I cannot find out what it is so I keep looking and thinking about it.
- I haven’t thought much about the church but I can’t consider this done as I still have a week plus to go yet.
- I feel that I have a pretty solid direction here. If I am a teacher at heart and my love is higher learning then I should just get on with the idea that I need to pursue education from where I currently am to Ph.D level so that I can start pursuing a professorship. Done.
- Outline done but writing two or three chapters remains.
- I am feeling more and more like the beast is starting to come alive. I still have week and a half and so the walking, lifting and nutrition must continue.
- I think the hiking schedule thing looks a little like this: This year – get as many day hikes in along with the training walks to get in shape. Next Year: Use a vacation to hike and camp the North Country Trail in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. As look at the details it is probably better to wait until this winter when I can talk about it more fully with those who wish to go with me. Done. For sabbatical purposes anyway.
- Rest – Yeah getting a lot of that in but I am starting to feel like you can overdue rest and some other things on this list need to get done. Done in a sense?
- Cleaning and Dejunking – minimal progress. That ends tomorrow.
- Yeah, more blogging or perhaps a plan that gets in more than seven posts a week. Nine would be better. I will see what I can come up with by next week.
So if I am reading the score right: Three and a half done. Six in progress or to go. Yeah, we have work to do.
Blessings and Cheers