LOL. I always love Arnold, he certainly has a way with words. In any case this week has been all about getting back to routine and the Post Wedding Pump (PWP) which is a phrase I heard coined in the gym from my son and company. For him it was the Pre-Wedding Pump but afterwards they began to talk about it like a business opportunity that you could attach a personal training to a wedding package that would give you that pump so you look good in all the photos. Might be an idea.
For me this week, I t was about getting back to hiking and lifting as well as back on the wagon as far as nutrition is concerned and for the most part that has worked. I have to say it was a great week and I feel a lot better as time goes on. My sugar has remained stable but it hasn’t dropped so the question I am asking now is after a month of taking medication – what good is the medication doing me if my score is the same as it was when I first was diagnosed?
That said the more immediate issue is the hernia thing where I have a consultation on the 30th. I really want this repaired before I go back to school and that means some downtime recovering which I also hope will not be too long. The doctor involved is reportedly a good surgeon so I am having high hopes.
The Sabbatical Rundown:
- Perhaps the issue I am facing is that i am not facing the full reality of what I am facing. Am I trying to put a pretty face on the situation? This is where my thoughts dwelt as I pondered these things on the trail and at the gym.
- I will not think of church, I will not think of church,….
- Outline done and a little more filled out as I thought about it today. Time to write a chapter or two.
- One week to go and I am feeling Beast Mode return when I am in the gym. Definitely good progress here.
- Less than a week to go of rest. People have asked me if I am ready to return and to be honest I can’t give a response one way or the other.
- The plan to dejunk start tomorrow where I clean the garage at the time I would normally be on a walk or in the gym. Sunday the breezeway will be up and after that I have my stuff to go through the net week.
- Blog, blog, blog. Next week we will try my new rotation plus some sort of series to get the number of posts up quicker. I need to do two posts a day for a while.
Blessings and Cheers!!!