I have worked very hard to keep my sabbatical church free but today there was something on the church calendar that I refused to miss which is our blood drive. We started this back in February and I plan on doing it as many times as we can in a year and I think things will be better as this get more known. I for one am happy to give when I can. I was good to give something that can save lives.
The Sabbatical Rundown:
- I haven’t come up with much since last time but I am thinking more on it as I do my hiking every weekday. It has become my meditation and prayer time.
- Hard to not to think of church when I had to go there to give blood but I managed to point conversations back to the blood drive or other things.
- No progress since last time
- Hoping for a great last week in the gym before they put me on a surgery list but I need to get this hernia repaired before school starts again.
- Less than one week of rest left so far.
- Dejunking is taking a little longer than I thought because after much discussion I have decided we need to have a dumpster for a year to get rid of some bigger stuff this summer and next year we will probably attack the basement as well so having something that get emptied each week for a while need to be done. So some stuff I have simply put aside until it arrives. I still need to go through my clothes, my corner in the living room to get it ready to become a reading corner and maybe my books. That last one might take a while.
- Second post for the day and tomorrow there are more coming. By the end of summer I need to have less than 200 hundred left for the year probably closer to 160.
Been a good start to the week so far. Hoping to start checking these things off in a few days.
Blessings and Cheers!!!